500 Startups is calling all blockchain teams around the globe.
We know you are well experienced in distributed networks, cryptography and security and want to use blockchains to change the world. However you also know that to build a truly impactful blockchain-oriented company at crypto speed, you need help in community building, token design, marketing, business development, hiring, and much more. We are here for you.
500 Startups has specifically designed a new “blockchain track” as part of our March 2018 accelerator program with blockchain entrepreneurs in mind. With hundreds of companies under our belt (including Lightyear (powered by the Stellar network) and Unikorn Gold), we know how to accelerate your growth.
What You’ll Learn
By joining the 500 Startups Blockchain Track, you will learn the keys to successfully building, marketing, and growing the ecosystem for your project from blockchain experts. Special emphasis will be placed on areas where we have seen blockchain founders need the most support:
- Fundraising strategy
- White paper development
- Community engagement and support
- Customer and partnership development
- Go to market strategy
In addition, each week we will hold a roundtable discussion where you can get advice from 500 Startups’ community of blockchain mentors. These influential community builders range from mentors who have successfully completed their own token sale to owners of exchanges.
Throughout the program you will also interact with fellow blockchain founders and investors with whom you will share learnings, explore opportunities and build connections with. Our hope is to bring the right set of resources to you who will help as well as challenge your notion of what is possible in this industry.
Who are some of our mentors and speakers?
- Hitters Xu – Founder & CEO of Nebulas and AntShares (NEO)
- Brit Yonge – COO of Lightyear (powered by the Stellar network)
- Edith Yeung – 500 China Partner and invested in Nebulas, Lightyear and The Republic
- Adam Benayoun, 500 Israel Partner and invested in ICON, CIVIC, 0x and Zilliqa
- Many more to come
Types of blockchain projects we are most interested in:
- Foundational protocol technologies – Identity, reputation, compliance, privacy, scalability, security, custodianship, computation off-chain and second layer solutions.
- New protocols – New blockchains which offer a distinct advantage over Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- Financial applications including exchanges (both centralized and decentralized), trading (platforms and algorithms) etc.
We are excited to empower the next wave of blockchain entrepreneurs and we look forward to being a part of your journey.
Edith Yeung is the head of 500 Startups Greater China and partner of 500 Mobile Collective Fund. Edith invested in over 40 mobile, VR, AR, AI and machine learning startups, including Hooked,, DayDayCook, Fleksy (acquired by Pinterest), Human (acquired by Mapbox), AISense, and many more. Before 500, Edith worked with companies like Dolphin Browser, Siebel, AMS, AT&T Wireless and Autodesk. For more from Edith, you can follow her on Twitter and Linkedin and newsletter