On May 11, 2017 at Parc 55 in San Francisco, 500 Startups’ latest batch, Batch 20, celebrated their graduation from our 4-month accelerator program with Demo Day. The 41 Batch companies hailing from 10 different countries successfully pitched their companies to a room full of active and accredited investors, resulting in follow-up investor meetings and funding on-site. Below is a recap of the event.
B20 DEMO DAY OVERVIEW >>
- 414 total attendees (not including the batch companies)
- 300 investors and corporate strategics in attendance
- 35 current LP’s in attendance
- 19 guests from General Motors, a partner of Batch 20
- 3,813 people watched via Livestream. The top 10 countries who viewed remotely are as follows:
WHY DO WE DRESS UP? Wondering what’s up with the flowers and tie-dye? B20 Demo Day was “Summer of Love” themed. Read check out this article for more on why we dress up our Demo Days.
B20 DEMO DAY PRESS COVERAGE >>
PRESENTING BATCH 20 COMPANIES >>
B20 includes GovTech (13.6% of B20), FinTech (27%) and Digital Health (15.9%). 36% of the B20 are international representing 10 countries. Canada, Israel, Thailand, Hong Kong, Latvia, Estonia, Brazil, United Kingdom, Nigeria, and France.
B20 is also a diverse set and has 20.5% of companies with at least one woman founder, 11.4% of companies in with at least one black founder, and 13.6% of companies with at least one latinX founder.
- AllVirtuous — On-demand investigation platform to fight counterfeit products through crowdsourcing.
- Alta5 — An event-driven automation platform for trading the financial markets.
- BenRevo — Digitally connects insurance carriers, brokers, and employers.
- Biomarker.io — A monitoring and tracking platform that optimizes your wellness and supplement routine.
- Bloom Credit — Takes a data-driven approach to improving the financial health and eligibility of loan applicants.
- Boon — An AI-powered referral recruiting network that helps companies hire talent in their employees’ social networks.
- Cadence — An API for connecting language interpreters with businesses.
- Clanbeat — An ongoing feedback tool for monthly performance reviews targeted at managers.
- Cyberwrite — Cybersecurity predictive analytics for the insurance space
- Court Buddy — A tech platform that matches users with solo attorneys based on their budget.
- Credit Stacks — Credit cards for building credit history.
- Digital Mortar — Full customer path tracking for brick and mortar retailers.
- EquitySim — Trains students to trade in financial markets, and uses machine learning to connect them with employers.
- FriendlyData — A natural language interface for databases.
- Funderful — Online fundraising software for universities.
- Govlist — Optimizes government purchasing through document automation and analytics.
- Halo Home — Smart home security
- Hyphen — A real-time, anonymous employee listening platform leveraging machine learning to provide timely recommendations to Management and HR.
- Littlefund — Littlefund is a smart gifting and savings app for parents to build their child’s financial journey with ease.
- Mycroft — Am open source alternative to Siri and Alexa.
- Nazar — Agent-less database performance monitoring.
- Numina — A sensing platform that uses computer vision to deliver real-time insights from streets and make cities more responsive.
- Obie (Tasytt Inc.) — A Slackbot for accessing team data.
- Optimity — Reduces preventable drug claims costs for employers through a digital health coaching program.
- Orderly Health — An AI-powered concierge to help employees navigate their healthcare.
- Preteckt — A hardware and software solution that uses machine learning to predict vehicle breakdowns before they cost you money.
- Printivo — One-stop online print shop for African designers and business to order quality prints and marketing collateral.
- RapidCFO — AI financial assistant.
- Raxar Technology Corporation — An intelligent data management platform that enables enterprise and government agencies to reduce costs, track critical assets, and optimize complex workflows.
- Regard — Offers income insurance online, enabling individuals to get cash benefits when they’re too sick or injured to work.
- SentiSum — An AI analytics solution helping enterprises leverage all their customer opinion data.
- Shoelace — An AI assistant that helps e-commerce merchants launch retargeting campaigns on social media.
- Skeyecode — Authentication software based on a new cryptography scheme.
- Smile Identity — Ties ID documents to a “smart selfie” of a user, creating a universal biometric for authentication on any Android device.
- Text To Ticket — Pays for user-submitted videos that catch texting and driving in the act.
- TopDocs — A software platform for hospitals to boost revenue from medical tourism.
- TrueCare24 — One stop shop for complete medical care delivered to home for loved ones.
- UrbanLogiq — Applies machine-learning analytics to make city planning faster, cheaper and more accurate.
- WellTrack — On-demand online therapy for stress, anxiety, and depression to open up access to mental health care.
- Win-Win — A sports gaming platform where fans compete to win priceless experiences with their favorite pro athletes, all while contributing to charitable causes. Social Games For Social Good.
- YayPay — AI to accelerate cash flow and automate accounts receivables.
- Zyudly Labs — Provides deep learning powered fraud and cyber security solutions for the financial services industry.
- VIA Global Health — A platform that connects people in emerging markets with medical supplies that are otherwise inaccessible.
- Visabot — An AI-powered solution for streamlining U.S. visa process
- Hykso — Live streaming boxing classes with socially connected motion sensors
FINALLY, WE’LL LEAVE YOU WITH THE B20 COMMERCIAL, AIRED AT DEMO DAY:
THANK YOU TO PARC 55, OUR VENUE PARTNER
THANK YOU TO EVENTXTRA, OUR EVENT PARTNER