Meet Huobi Labs – our new friend for 500 Startups’ Blockchain track.
At close to $1 Billion in trading volume per day, Huobi is one of the largest global digital asset exchanges for cryptocurrencies. Founded in 2013, Huobi serves millions of customers from over 130 countries and now has business and operational centers across Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, etc. Huobi Lab is a blockchain incubator under Huobi started in 2017.
500 Startups will be teaming up with Huobi Lab to support our blockchain track and we will leverage Huobi Lab’s extensive global blockchain network. Together, we will provide practical guidance to companies on topics ranging from fundraising strategy, white paper development, go-to-market strategy, community engagement and marketing.
“I am very excited to partner with Huobi Lab. Our teams will learn so much especially around the ins and outs of how a digital exchange works,” said Edith Yeung, partner at 500 Startups.
“We are always looking for great token projects and we are thrilled to work with 500 Startups and Batch 23 companies to help and support all of the new projects as best we can,” said Junfei Ren, Founder at Huobi Lab.
500 startups has a truly amazing lineup of blockchain mentors including:
- Greg Kidd – Former chief risk officer of Ripple, investor in Coinbase, and CEO of GlobalID
- Arianna Simpson – Founder, Autonomous Partner
- Jeremy Gardner – co-founder Augur, Blockchain Edu and Ausum Ventures
- Howard Wu – Managing partner at Dekrypt Capital and advisor to Blockchain at Berkeley
- Hitters Xu – Founder & CEO of Nebulas and AntShares (NEO)
- Brit Yonge – COO of Lightyear (powered by the Stellar network)
- Chris McCann – Early investor in Antshares (NEO), 0x, Stellar, Nebulas, etc.
- Adam Benayoun – 500 Israel Partner and invested in ICON, CIVIC, 0x and Zilliqa
- And more to be announced
Apply to the 500 Startups Blockchain program:
Edith Yeung is the head of 500 Startups Greater China and partner of 500 Mobile Collective Fund. Edith invested in over 40 mobile, VR, AR, AI and machine learning startups, including Hooked,, DayDayCook, Fleksy (acquired by Pinterest), Human (acquired by Mapbox), AISense, and many more. Before 500, Edith worked with companies like Dolphin Browser, Siebel, AMS, AT&T Wireless and Autodesk. For more from Edith, you can follow her on Twitter and Linkedin and newsletter