At 500 LatAm we have a clear mission: help the most talented Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs in Latin America build successful companies that leverage technology to scale.
To achieve this, we aim to provide them with greater opportunities, including capital and know-how.
Although the current macroeconomic environment has been challenging, Latin American founders have shown time and time again that they are capable of building tech products that add value to users, thanks to a resilient attitude and a strong focus on solving latent problems in our region.
For this reason, we are thrilled to present the 12 companies that make up the new batch 18 of our program: Somos Lucha.
The process is very competitive along each step of the way. We received hundreds of applications, of which we selected only 12 companies who operate in multiple industries such as FinTech, AgTech, Developer Tools, Retail, LegalTech, Productivity, Logistics and EdTech. The startups hail from Argentina (5), México (3), Chile (2), Colombia (1) and Perú (1).
Along with our investment comes a commitment from our 500 LatAm team to prepare each founder in multiple areas, including sales, growth, corporate culture, capital raising, and more. According to the needs of each company:
- We assign a member of the investment team as the Point of Contact.
- We have spaces for conversation and inspiration with expert guests.
- And, we connect them with relevant actors in our network so that they add value to their companies.
Batch 18 of the “Somos Lucha” program started on February 20, 2023. Over the past 16 weeks, we focused on sharing practical content to:
- Build the foundations for the company’s growth.
- Professionalize the founders as leaders.
- Support with business development.
- Connect them with potential investors, mentors, and founders within our network.
- Prepare them for their capital raising process.
Demo Day will be on June 8, 2023, where the founders will present their startups to attendees. At the end of the program, we remain partners with each company and will continue to provide value to the graduated companies through various free services, according to each company’s growth needs.
“Somos Lucha” is only the beginning of our relationship with the companies we invest in. At 500, we will continue to help the most talented Spanish-speaking entrepreneurs in Latin America build successful companies.
Without further ado, Somos Lucha presents to you the Batch 18 companies:
- Ali (México): AI-powered document processing platform that helps lawyers find information and insights in large sets of documents all in a matter of seconds.
- Calificadas (Argentina): Virtual coach that is on a mission to empower Spanish-speaking women in the workplace through the development of communication and leadership skills.
- Das Calendar (Argentina): Social calendar that enables individuals to take better control of their time and helps maximize productivity by organizing all calendars in one place.
- Dapta (Colombia): No-code SaaS platform that builds custom integrations through APIs.
- Invera (Argentina): Fintech platform that provides the infrastructure to embed and scale investment products to financial institutions.
- LedgiFi (Chile): Automates crypto taxes in Latam, with plans to move beyond crypto into a platform where millennials grow their wealth, track & share their portfolios.
- PriceLab (Perú): SaaS that helps make communication and pricing strategy efficient for retailers’ stores through a hardware and software ecosystem powered by dynamic pricing.
- Retliq (México): Reverse logistics platform for eCommerce companies that aims to simplify the liquidation, reshipment, and product disarmament management.
- Serpa (México): SaaS platform that enables quick and effortless deployment of code to cloud.
- Takenos (Argentina): A digital wallet designed for Latin American cross-border workers to access earnings instantly, in cash or crypto.
- The Earth Says (Chile): Digital platform that reviews and leases certified bee hives to optimize pollination, allowing farmers to improve crop profitability.
- Tufud (Argentina): SaaS platform that aims to transform order management between restaurants and suppliers through a single channel that centralizes, digitizes, and optimizes the supply chain
Querido Batch 18, ¡bienvenidos! #TodosSomosLucha
500 Global programs, investor education services, strategic partnership consulting services and events are operated by 500 Startups Incubator, L.L.C. (together with its affiliates, “500 Global”), and the funds advised by 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. do not participate in any revenue generated by these activities. Such programs and services are provided for educational and informational purposes only and under no circumstances should any content provided as part of any such programs, services or events be construed as investment, legal, tax or accounting advice by 500 Global or any of its affiliates.
This press release is intended solely to provide information regarding 500 Global and its programs. All content provided is for general informational or educational purposes only. 500 Global makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein and while 500 Global has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained herein is accurate and up-to-date, no liability can be accepted for any error or omission. Figures are approximated as of 31 March 2023 for currently held positions, and as of the exit date for exited positions and include private, public, and exited companies. These figures are estimates, aggregated across all funds advised by 500 Startups Management Company, L.L.C. and its affiliates, and are based on internal data that has not been externally verified and may rely on portfolio information supplied by external sources which have not been verified, and may not be accurate or updated. These valuations relate to selected portfolio companies and are estimated in accordance with 500 Global’s valuation policy and are subject to change. Past performance does not indicate future results.
Under no circumstances should any information or content in this press release or otherwise shared or presented as part of or in connection with any Demo Day, event, webinar, or other presentation (the “Information”), be considered as an offer to sell or solicitation of interest to purchase any securities by 500 Global or any of its affiliates or representatives. Further, no content or Information is or is intended as an offer to provide any investment advisory service or financial advice by 500 Global. Under no circumstances should any Information be construed as fund marketing materials by prospective investors considering an investment into any 500 Global investment fund. Inclusion as a presenting company in Demo Day does not necessarily confirm investment by a 500 Global fund or a 500 Global affiliate in such company.
All logos and trademarks of third parties referenced herein are the logos and trademarks of their respective owners and any inclusion of such trademarks or logos does not imply or constitute any approval, endorsement or sponsorship of 500 Global by such owners.