The 500 Distribution Team is a scrappy group of hustlers whose mission is to help 500 companies get more customers in a scalable, metrics-driven way.
While seeking out foxy ways to grow customers, our Distribution Specialists also work 1:1 with 500 companies through the 500 Distribution Program. Learn more below.
What can I get help with through the 500 Distribution Program?
- Paid Online Distribution: Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Retargeting, Mobile, YouTube (limited)
- Organic: SEO, email marketing (including drip/trigger)
- Analytics: Implementation and best practices. Platforms including Mixpanel, KISSmetrics, Google Analytics etc, Optimizely, CrazyEgg, etc.
- Funnel Optimization: Split Testing, Multivariate Testing, Landing Page Optimization.
- Development (limited): Rails development related to distribution and analytics.
What’s the structure of the program?
You will work with a member of the 500 Distribution Team for 2 days/week for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months. The Distribution Specialist will spend 2 days a week actually getting their hands dirty and working with you on distribution – whether that’s optimizing your Facebook campaigns, helping you set up analytics, A/B testing, etc. They are not merely advising, but working with you in the trenches.
When at all possible, the Distribution Specialist will work from your office during the engagement. Since the 500 family is spread out all over the world, it is possible that it will be a remote working relationship. However, location is not an issue for our team.
What are the costs for the program?
Please contact our team for more details. (email@example.com)
What are the requirements for participating in the program?
This program is reserved only for 500 Startups companies. We’ll be using the following criteria (in no specific order) to prioritize applications:
1. Company’s current metrics and growth rate/potential. This program is a better fit for companies that have reached product/market fit.
2. Company’s budget for paid distribution
3. Company’s resources available to dedicate to distribution
4. Potential value that the 500 Distribution team can add to the company
Ok yes, I’m interested! How do I apply?
Then apply here! Once you submit your application, a member of the 500 Distribution Team will be following up with you. Note that any information you submit is treated confidentially and will only be shared with the 500 Team for the purposes of the program.
In the meantime, check out some great tips from the 500 Distribution Team:
- Use SCIENCE to Get More Customers: The Distribution Hacking Framework (by Matt Berman)
- 5 SEO Wins That Take 5 Minutes (by Sean Percival)