This exciting role at 500 Startups provides a great opportunity for an ambitious accounting leader to provide technical and operational guidance for a rapidly growing, global venture capital firm. This role reports to the CFO and will provide technical accounting and operational support to the growing accounting team. As the world’s most active seed investor, we work at an incredible pace so you will need strong time management skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and above all flexibility.
- Oversight of the quarterly reporting for our multiple funds to ensure that they are prepared accurately and in a timely manner
- Management and close supervision of the daily fund transactions performed by staff located in Mountain View, CA and Mexico City
- Primary liaison for our annual audits
- Project manage the ongoing implementation/migration of our ERP system to AltaReturn
- Design and enforce scalable processes to ensure clear communication and coordination between the accounting and legal teams
- Coordinating with the Director of Finance on monitoring fund budgets and cash forecasts.
- Identify and screen future accounting team members
- Extremely organized, reliable and with a strong sense of ownership and accountability. This person will be need to be comfortable working with a global team and in a hectic environment.
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex cross-functional projects given multiple competing priorities or perspectives.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in building relationships across all organization levels and functions. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Minimum of 5 years of Venture Capital Fund Accounting experience and advanced understanding of Fund Accounting
- CPA license (active or inactive) strongly preferred
- High level of comfort utilizing ERP solutions (ideally AltaReturn)
- We use Macs and Gmail, not PCs and Outlook
- Based in Mountain View, CA
Management, Communication Skills, Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting
$125K – $170K
0.0% – 1.0%