Corporate Startup Innovation Unlocked
Learn How Big Companies Work Best with Startups
Today we are announcing our first Corporate Startup Innovation Unlocked course in partnership with Pilot44 Innovation Lab; a 4-day executive education program taking place in San Francisco from July 11-14, 2016 with participation from leading corporations including Nestle, Microsoft, and Google.
What is it?
- In partnership with Pilot44, we’ve created a 4-day intensive course to teach digital innovation leaders how to tap into the startup ecosystem.
Who is it for?
- Anyone responsible for driving innovation strategy and execution within a complex corporate environment.Participants will walk away with the skills and methodology needed to support an agile, startup-driven approach to innovation within their organization.
What executives will learn from course:
- How to identify emerging technologies & trends that are redefining consumer & market behaviors
- How to implement state-of-the-art solutions to address evolving business challenges and opportunities
- How to partner and work with startups to accelerate tangible innovation outcomes
- Executives from top corporations including Microsoft, Nestle, Google and Cox Automotive will be leading sessions during the 4-day course alongside Investment Partners from 500 Startups and Pilot44.
When is it?
- July 11th – 14th, 2016
How many spaces are available?
How much does it cost?
- Early bird seats start at USD $6,500, Regular seats are $11,500
Where is the course taking place?
- The 500 Startups office, San Francisco, CA
Corporations are looking to partner with startups to better connect with founders and the startup ecosystem but many have not found a way to accomplish this successfully. We are looking to help bridge this gap. More information and applications are available at 500corporates.com
Why are we creating this course?
Every week at 500, we field visit requests from corporate delegations wanting to tour Silicon Valley and explore startup innovation.
While many come, only a few walk away with successful partnerships that produce great value. It’s hard to refute the idea of corporates and startups working together; the benefits are obvious. Still, most get it wrong.
We’re here to reduce the number of missed opportunities.
Enter: “Corporate Startup Innovation Unlocked.”
Together with our partners at Pilot44 Digital Innovation Labs, this 4-day intensive course will teach digital innovation leaders how to tap into the startup ecosystem.
- Identify emerging technologies & trends that are redefining consumer & market behaviors
- Discover state-of-the-art solutions to address evolving business challenges and opportunities
- Learn how to partner and pilot with startups to accelerate tangible innovation outcomes
The course is designed for corporate digital technology drivers looking to innovate in a complex corporate environment. Participants will walk away with the skills and methodology needed to support an agile, startup-driven approach to innovation within their organization.
“While leading P&G’s open innovation effort in Silicon Valley for a number of years, I saw firsthand a huge opportunity for corporations and startups to work together. The opportunity and potential upside is clear, yet few have been successful delivering meaningful outcomes. We built this course to teach corporate innovators proven approaches and the skills required to capitalize on all that these types of partnerships have to offer” – Andrew Backs, Founder at Pilot44 Labs
In a recently published 500 Startups report, we found that more than half of the world’s biggest public companies in the Forbes Global 500 are currently engaging with startups. Pilot44 has spent the last 2 years in the trenches with a number of these brands, including P&G, Nestle, Cox Enterprises, and Marks & Spencer; tackling new challenges with a hands-on approach to innovation that drives actionable solutions. It’s not about merely exposing brand managers to the startup space and hoping they walk away inspired. Pilot44 has found that data-driven solutions come from a direct tie to the technology that drives today’s consumers–a relationship that moves from ideation to pilot and execution in a few short months instead of years.
With this course, we want to introduce participants to the Silicon Valley. But more importantly, we want them to walk away with the skills to identify and engage with today’s best startups, and drive actionable results in their own corporations.
“Maybe there are just not enough stories of corporate + startup collaborations in mainstream consciousness. Or perhaps corporations who are doing all the right things simply don’t want you to know about it.” -Khailee Ng, Managing Partner at 500 Startups
Catch the brass ring– join this “hidden” class of innovators, and learn what it takes to lead your company into the future of connected consumerism… the right way.