We’re back in Berkeley!
Today marks the start of our 3rd successive Venture Capital Unlocked: Deal Camp, our one-week crash course on the ins and out of early stage investing.
We’re hosting another impressive, diverse group of 25 angels and aspiring VCs from around the world at UC Berkeley this week. Here’s a quick introduction to the latest group of Deal Campers:
- 60% are based internationally, representing eight countries including Brazil, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, China, New Zealand, and more
- Women investors make up 28% of the class
- Participants have made 85+ investments in total
- $100M+ in total projected investment budgets over the next two years
- Areas of interest include: FinTech, SaaS, BioTech, blockchain, AI, EdTech, Healthcare, and more
Over the next four days, participants will work with leading UC Berkeley faculty and 500 Partners to develop strategies to structure deals in order to maximize investment returns. We’ve got some awesome guest speakers lined up as well, including Charles Hudson of PreCursor Ventures, Santi Subotovsky of Emergence Capital, and Neil Dugal of Omidyar Network.
We’ll be covering a wide range of topics, from developing and deploying your investment thesis, to venture financing terms, to the finer points of unicorn hunting. With NPS scores as high as 100, it’s one of our most popular programs.
We’re also looking forward to attending 500’s investor-only event, DemoDay, in San Francisco this week. Afterwards, participants will take part in a negotiation simulation with real companies that have pitched at 500 Startups DemoDay.
Sign up for updates on our site to learn more about upcoming programs, webinars, and more content. You can also check out some of our previous posts from earlier programs on our blog: